24 August 2005

My movie wishlist

Mangal Pandey: The rising

for many reasons, the most important being Aaah-mir, of course. Second being Mangal Pandey, a character who has for long (since history lessons in school actually) been something of a real life hero by officially inaugurating the thorny path to Indian freedom. Third, just for the thrill of being able to see an Indian movie in the theatre.....

Anniyan


for just one reason : it's a Shankar movie, but I do realise I may be disappointed big time. Still, I am willing to take the risk! After all, this will at home and on video/DVD only!

4 comments:

Shammi said...

Plenty of reviews of Anniyan, da... and I dunno if I might want to see Mangal Pandey - Aamir looks rather awful :)

Anonymous said...

Managal pandey - from the promos - thought it will be good... and also with Aamir.. there's a good chance it'll be very realistic.

Watch anniyan and let me know if it was good. I guess they'll have the cassette at the store here.. I actually have watched many more Tamil movies after coming here than in India! Saw KaakhaKaakha many months back (think that movie came in 2003), (surya, jyothika) -it was great.. loved it,
Also saw 7 g rainbow colony (big mistake.. didnt like it at all).. and off and on some others too like ethiri, some madhavan movie etc.

Vid

Castor aka Kiwilax said...

Shyam

It's only after reading the reviews that I am saying that I will be disappointed big-time with Anniyan. But would still like to give it a go.

Castor aka Kiwilax said...

Vidhu,

Have heard negative criticisms abt Mangal Pandey - but that's one movie I am not going to miss for the world. It's been a very inspiring story to me _ the single moment that defined the start of the freedom struggle.