7 February 2006

Neal n Nikki

I don't often put up movie reviews on my blog. But I thought this Hindi movie deserved one.

It was one of the movies I saw over the long weekend (we had Monday off as well for NZ Waitangi (national)Day.

N n N, was in sum, a skin flick masquerading as a 'love story for today's youth' between two NRIs in Canada. With a tagline of 'Nice is out, naughty is in'. And in spite of all that, I sat through the movie fully in the hope that it would get better (or was it just to see how much worse it could get?)

A hero who looks like a drag queen. And a heroine whose wardrobe seemed to comprise almost entirely of underwire bras. Both of them with a combined IQ of a two-year old. And when they kissed (which they did quite often, maybe just to prove to the world that Bollywood movies do have kissing scenes), it was so unwatchable, I couldn't help wishing for the good old shaking flowers/bushes or songs that used to pass for that in our good ol' movies.

After all this, you may ask, why a review? Just so that I can warn everyone else who reads my blog to stay not a mile, but a world, away from this movie. Welcome to Mars.

And in spite of all this, if you insist on knowing the storyline? Well, there just wasn't one. Only lots of lots of big-bosomed, bikini-clad females and their amorous action with the aforementioned drag queen.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Golden String,
I had to laugh when I read this one. So true. But unfortunately, I read it too late, as I had already seen this movie. First time to your site, good read.

LAK said...

Hi Gs, hilarious post. I guess I will not watch Neal'n' Nikki even if paid to do so!Yes, there is something to be said about waving flowers, and birds!Here is the Fair etc link:
http://cvlakshmi.blogspot.com/2005_10_01_cvlakshmi_archive.html
It might get you other posts as well, since this has gone into archives. The relevant one is dated 18th oct.

LAK said...

GS, you can mail me at cvrcvl@vsnl.com

Mr. J said...

Howdy!! NnN.. yeh, saw a bit of it. And true enough, I was off doing something better than watching that stupid movie.

So howz NZ doing..

Castor aka Kiwilax said...

Hi Anonymous,

Welcome and keep coming back. Sorry I didn't put up a post to warn you in time.
cheers.

Castor aka Kiwilax said...

Hi Lak,
It's me, in case you missed it. Lakshmi as in 'Trisanku Swargam'. But my blog has undergone a few changes, so it's enough to confuse everyone.

I do wonder what the director was thinking when he made NnN. A lamebrain plot was bad enough, but he backed that up with such solid crap.

Will email you at some stage. Cheers.

Castor aka Kiwilax said...

Hello Me,
Welcome and keep coming back.
NZ is fine, some glorious sunshine, notwithstanding high radiation levels. How's the weather there?

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, can well-imagine how crappy it was. That Nikki girl didn't look like she had any acting potential at all, in any case :)
Thanks for posting this up, and no I won't watch this movie!!! Btw, did u watch rang de basanti.. i have heard/read all good stuff about it... waiting to see it.
Vidya

Castor aka Kiwilax said...

Hi Vidhu,

Are you back in the US yet?
I hear that the girl in NnN is Kaajol's sister. Can you beat that?
Haven't seen RDB yet, will do so.

Castor aka Kiwilax said...

Hi Confused,
The funny thing is that Nikki probably dropped all her clothes only hoping she'd become hot. But to no avail...