16 February 2006

Stop press!

Watching Tanisha in Hindi was bad enough, but I read this today. Yes, yes, yes, we all know about her illustrious ancestors but so what? Vaathiyar pillai makku (Teacher's son is a dud) as they say in Tamil).

  • Tanisha comes to Kollywood

  • Help!!

    And do we have no shame? Our south Indian film industry, esply Tamil and Telugu, are always running behind Bollywood rejects!!!

    It will be intersting, I guess, to see if she can do better than NnN, though! And I don't obviously mean her acting.

    4 comments:

    Mr. J said...

    Lol... Bollywood actresses always were treated as something special down south. Weird weird world of movies.. You chill maadi. Ok.

    LAK said...

    BTW isn't Kollywood Bengali mainstream cinema? Couldn't read the sify article as the page is down.

    Houseowner said...

    laksh,

    pardon my ignorance, but many questions:
    * who is tanisha
    * who is the celebrated vathiyar/mother/father
    * who is NnN?
    * Is this keeping tabs on trivia an nri thingie?

    Castor aka Kiwilax said...

    OK Me, will do. Btw, you are a Kannadiga who used to live in Hyd, right? YOu tell me.

    Confused: You may have the right thought. Let us all suffer together.

    Lak: Nope, Kollywood is the Tamil film industry, as its mostly in the Chennai suburb of Kodambakkam.

    Rums: You obviously havent been keeping track of my blog da. One of my recent posts was on a movie called Neal n Nikki (NnN). And I was unfortunate enough to see it and so wanted to warn everyone else of it. Tanisha, who hap to be Kajol's sis, is the heroine in that. And yes, I do follow trivia, but don't often or necessarily post it on my blog. Btw, I don't think you necessarily have to be an NRI to do that - plenty of desis do it too, methinks:) Or do u have a specific reason for saying that?