2 October 2006

Today is

Gandhi Jayanthi: Thanks to 'Lage Raho..', looks like there's a lot of interest back home. Good for the LRM team. Happy Gandhi Jayanthi.

Vijayadashami: finally, the navarathri excesses are almost finished. Found the whole haldi-kumkum scenario an uphill walk this time around, compounded by many circs and some people. Still, Happy Navarathri and Vijayadashmi.

and back-to-work-after-daylight-saving-started day. Travelled to work, feeling grumpy and disoriented. And my face was only one of hundreds of wan-looking ones. *sigh* will take a week to get used to having the clocks an hour forward......Can't wish a happy day for this one to anyone.

Still, I have to agree with what my neighbour said yesterday. "I am really looking forward to the weekdays, at least we can go and relax at work." Which, I have to admit, is so true! If you get over the Monday morning blues, then there's no place to be relaxed like work, sweet work, be it ever so humble.....

8 comments:

Shammi said...

Being paid fat amounts at work to relax? I KNEW I should have moved to NZ! :) Any more jobs like yours in the offin? :)

Castor aka Kiwilax said...

Hey Shyam

You misunderstood! What it meant was that because I love my job so much, even stressful stuff becomes relaxing and I love doing it!!! Just say when you want to move here and I'll look out for a job for you....;-)

Mr. J said...

Wow.. you love weekdays huh?? I do too.. but weekends more.. coz during the weekday evenings, after work, I wish I could be dead.

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine who has 2 small kids at home says he finds it more relaxing to be at work than at home :) Coz even on the tough and chaotic days at work, it's still not as chaotic at home! This time for Navrathri I started out with an ambitious list to call a whole bunch of friends etc... but then cut down to only to a couple of close friends.. it's just been crazy busy.. Vidya

Castor aka Kiwilax said...

Me (or John): Yup, actually I do, kind of. A lot depends on my mood....

Vid: Like last year, in all, I had nearly a 100 people coming thro for Navarathri thsi year too, plus setting up the golu, etc. I had help from family, but ended up feeling v.stressed, this time around.

Anonymous said...

I've tagged you

rads said...

:)
100 folks for Navratri and golu? :O You guys in Wellington beat Northern VA!

Castor aka Kiwilax said...

Mumbai: Will get on to it asap. Thanks

Rads: Well, we are a v.small but close knit community here. So blamee the numbers on that. Although not all the folkss I invited turned up, and some of the rotters didn't bother to let me know as well;-)