25 June 2008

Heroes

They come in all shapes, sizes, colours and flavours….er, maybe not flavours (got a bit carried away there, sorry). But there’s no telling who could be the next hero and where. I just found an unexpected one last week.

It gave me back some of my childhood ideals to see someone who will speak up against injustice and unfairness, even though it wasn’t directed against them, and never mind the consequences. It made a huge difference seeing that someone cares enough to want to make the place a much better one for others to be in. It matters, hugely, that someone would go out of their way to do it, instead of going their way, saying, “Oh, that isn’t my business.”

If you are reading this, you know I am talking about you. Nunri, gracias, merci, dhanyavad, shukriya and thanks…This may not change the world, but sure as hell, will change mine, for the better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Details? Or does it have to wait for a phone call? :)