19 June 2008

Page 123 - The Book tag

This tag from Shyam (well, who else?). Considering how long I normally take to do tags, this one has been completed in record time.

Rules of the game, I mean, tag:
1. Pick up the nearest or any book handy.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge the person who tagged you.

At long last, I have a book with me, thanks to this tag. It is On Beauty by Zadie Smith.

A Sunday Times topseller and according to the NY Times, “…it is that rare thing: a novel that is as affecting as it is entertaining”.

I have no clue what the book is about or how the novel will be as this is a new author I am trying out now, thanks to a workmate. And I haven’t even read Page 1. But for the tag, here is extract from Page 123:

“Like one of the statuaries in the bottom of the Fitzwilliam, in Cambridge. You’ve seen those, right? Such an anciently wonderful face.”

Ooh, sound interesting and intriguing.

Now, for rule #5. Hardest of all for me. Finding 5 more to tag. I mean, I don’t even know who visits my blog anymore, ‘coz most people just zip in and skip out without even saying hi (hint, hint). So, I’ll just have to guess and pick, eh? I do know that some of you don’t have blogs, but you can stick your replies in my comments box. And let me know when you’re done, please....

1. Rads
2. Lak
3. Vidya
4. Heather
5. Jo

4 comments:

rads said...

LOL! I just did the tag! :D

I'll do it again anyway. It's such a fun, intelligent, productive one too! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, finally a template that I really like! :) Also thanks for doing the tag! I havent read Zadie smith either, so shall go and root out the book soon.

rads said...

Nice template!

Castor aka Kiwilax said...

Rads: Sorry for making you redo the tag;-( obviously, I need to drop into your blog more often, which I will, in future. Thanks for doing it again;-(

Shyam: I am making slow progress with the book - let me put it this way. For me, it isn't one of those unputdownable works...