1 September 2008

Solliloquy

Why, why, why? To eat or not to eat, that is the question.

I am only human and like all humans want to impress the top boss on the rare occasions when I do see him. Today I did see him, he came down to my floor. And what’s more, he came to talk specifically to me. And what was I doing when he came? I was in the process of shoving a large spoonful of smelly rice into my mouth. Very edifying spectacle. I am sure he went away completely impressed.

Why, why why? Why couldn’t I be talking impressively on the phone, or typing an official email or organising some meeting or making a clever joke when he came? Of course, since I am eating most of the time I am at work, maybe that is to be expected;-( I am depressed. I am off to eat some more comfort foods (chocolate).

11 comments:

Diana Sahu said...

Trust me...This happens to me very often....

Pollux aka Paps said...

Di: Thanks. I guess it could have been worse;-)

umm oviya said...

talking of eating... in ie, i remember, all of us were always in the process of either going to or coming back from a snack at the canteen below or the coffee shop outside. eating rocks!

Anonymous said...

Question is, did he ask for the recipe? :)

Pollux aka Paps said...

V: Yes, considering what pathetic food we used to get at both those places, we sure haunted them.

Shyam: Heheh, no he didn't and thank Ganesha for that. We both just pretended that it hadnt happened and carried on with other official stuff.

umm oviya said...

oh no, even now i pine for their 'barotas'... R is surprised i survived the food there.

Pollux aka Paps said...

V: Quite frankly, so am I! I guess we lived with it for lack of anything better!!! Say hello to R too (if he remembers me). How old is O?

umm oviya said...

of course he remembers... how do men forget women?! O will be 7 in Oct. What about N?

Pollux aka Paps said...

V: Nice to see that R hasn't forgotten;-) Talking about men forgetting women, well, hubby dear has a appallingly bad memory...N, well, I guess you're asking about N 1 - she's 15, 16 in Dec. In case you didn't know, N 2 just turned 6 in July;-)

umm oviya said...

oh, oh, please to give email id... didn't know about arrival of N2... soon after you reached NZ is it? the comments chat is getting tiring, will email you with my queries and my news

Pollux aka Paps said...

V: u can say that agn, this comment chat is a pain if we to communicate properly. lsguda at gmail dot com is me. and went on to ur blog, looks like you're waiting for #2 as well. that's great news and congrats. more on email.