21 May 2010

Of sulky teens and sambar

My absence over 6 weeks when I was in India, actually made our solo teenager stalk the kitchen. Not just to rummage through the pantry to devour anything edible that didn’t need further processing, but to actually do the processing herself – ie, cooking.

Just thought I’d mention that, because her proud dad S actually told his mom (ie, my MIL) that N made sambar that was as good as what her mom (ie, moi) makes. S being S, won’t ever say that to my face:-)

*sob* My sulky teenager is finally qualified enough to be called a SIndianBrahm…in NZ! All my 18 years of nurturing her (including the time she spent in my then gigantic tummy) hasn’t been wasted after all. What more could a mom want?

2 comments:

Shammi said...

Yay for Teen N! :) Why wasnt S doing any cooking, by the way? :)

Pollux aka Paps said...

Shyam: Oh, S is a regular mom da and he did cook most days. But N would have died of hunger had she waited for S to get back from work and start cooking every day. Also, I thought this was the perfect excuse for N to do some - she won't willingly even peel a banana, otherwise. It's a life skill da, and she needs to know how to make something other than nachos and sammies if she wants to stay healthy.