24 September 2010

CWG Delhi

Aaah, the Delhi CWG have made me an athlete/gymnast.

When I see colleagues coming towards me to ask why we messed up so badly, I run in the opposite direction.

When I am not successful in running away, I squirm and writhe fluidly with the shame of being labelled, not an Indian, but by being lumped with those Indians (and even Pakistanis) like Suresh Kalmadi, Lalit Bhanot, and the zillion others who have dirtied India Shining, thanks to the CWG exposes.

The daily dose gets dirtier as the days pass by.

No one here sees mera Bharat as mahaan. How can they? They only see Bharat as the land of stench & corruption. Bharat the beggar, who cannot, will not, do any better, tied up as she is, in the unbreakable shackles of her corrupt leaders, inept systems and helpless people. And I cannot explain this away. I lack both the words and the conviction. I don't want to explain this away!

I am proud to be Indian, but not of this India. My India, somewhere, maybe in a parallel universe, still lives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yup, i agree. it's so humiliating! Bloody corrupt politicians and bureaucrats!

- shyam