24 December 2004

Jingle bells and all that jazz

Well, we are shutting down here for the season. NZ Inc will wake from slumber only on Jan 5.

It is nice and wonderful, and makes up for not having a holiday for Deepavali, Vinayaka Chaturti etc.

Even nicer, tucked into my bag is a cheque for my X-mas bonus. Hurrah! And again at work, Mark's just been in with a huge crate of beer cans. We've already had a couple of wine bottles in. Not to mention the cookies and cake and lollies and what not that all the other chocolates and cakes. If I fancied a drink, no place like work. But being a well-brought-up gal (ha ha), I refuse to be tempted by all this.

What does tempt me is the fact that I have no work till Jan 4 (spl shift at the DomPost, being a newspaper they will have to work through the holiday).

So no more rush to leave Nandita at the caregiver's. No more rushing Nandana to this auntie or that auntie's house till the hols are over. I can nap afternoons when I am at home. And not have to get up early daily (not that I do now, it's never earlier than 7 am)

We don't have any major projects lined up for the hols though. As we moved into this house hardly a month ago, we still have to sort out all the extra stuff in the garage. And move some more stuff into the garage.

And set up one more room, as my Periamma and Perriappa are going to be visitng us for a month, in the third week of Jan.

We might go picnicking for a day trip, maybe to the Staglands. Or to the Te Papa museum, where they have a good exhibition on space. Or someone where else, or just catch up with friends.

But by the time we know it, it will be back to the grind.

But till then, all you wonderful people out there have a great X-mas and New Year!!



No comments: