21 July 2006

Moving on...

and today is my last day at this work.
It's been a good year - a few downs but many great ups - so overall, no regrets!
Many firsts to this joh:
First public sector experience
Attended my first powhiri (a formal, full-fledged Maori welcome) - loved it:)
Also attended a whakatau - my first (non-formal Maori welcome) - love that too.
Experienced my first hongis - Maori greeting, where you touch noses - this was a beaut blend of West and indigenous - even while we touch noses, we are simultaneously shaking hands with that person.
Oh many more actually, with the last being my farewell that is planned for today.
No doubt, I will miss some of my colleagues here acutely...

New role beckons - excited, nervous, etc. - the whole works...
Wish me luck!!

6 comments:

The Inquisitive Akka said...

All the very very best!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Papji!
-Vidya

Anonymous said...

Good Luck!

Mr. J said...

The mixed feelings of moving to a new job.

All the very best. ;)

hari said...

Hi L,

Here is wishing you all the very best in your new assignment and I am sure you would definitely be a trendsetter in whatever endaevour you indulge in.

Castor aka Kiwilax said...

Akka, Vid, Mumbai:

Thanks - I've been a week at the new job already - hard to believe...

Me, Hari:

As it is so rightly said, it's all in the mind, and thanks muchly for your wishes and understanding...