15 May 2008

Graduate no robes

I saw the latest lot of varsity grads doing their usual parade around Wlg CBD during lunch time today. Lovely, with lots of pretty young things and tired old things, wearing the traditional graduate robes.

Was that how I’d looked like when I graduated too? In those robes?

Then I remembered. For some strange reason, me and my good friend S, who both graduated at the same time and in the same subjects, decided we wouldn’t dress up in those mouldy old robes and have our photos taken. While the rest of our batchmates took centrestage and received certs awarded by Madras University, we sat on the sidelines (and sulked?) and picked up our certs later.

You ask me why we did that? For the life of me, I cannot remember what that reason was!!!

2 comments:

Shammi said...

Did we really sit it out? I remember getting some certificate or other from some big-shot or other - and I have the photo to prove it! Although to be fair, I wasnt wearing the robes...

Castor aka Kiwilax said...

Hey, and here I was thinking that you'd surely remember why...