26 August 2006

On a lazy, rainy Saturday afternoon

here I am sitting at home in perfect domestic bliss.
Only me and small N at home. She is watching TV.
And I am plodding on with my assignment.

Height of thankfulness:
that the dishes are being done and the clothes being washed even while I battle on with my assignment. Thanks to dishwasher and washing machine.
Height of laziness:
Wishing that the self-same machines would also put away the dishes once they are done and that the washer would hang up the clothes......

4 comments:

Diana Sahu said...

Funny....heights of laziness...thats true

Anonymous said...

I can soooo empathize with this... personally I don't think the dishwasher helps too much.. just because you need to rinse all the vessels (esp Indian cooking :)) before you put them into the dishwasher anyway :) Anyway, that's one chore I hate, but obviously cannot avoid.
You know what I'd like automated? Ironing of clothes.. it is truly the most dull and unnceccessary activity of my life!! I miss the good ol' dhobi back in India!
Vidya

Castor aka Kiwilax said...

Diana: Yup, humans seem to keep getting lazier.

Vid: Oh, I can so empathise with you. Tell me about it _ I can't stand ironing either. And I do miss the dhobi alright...

Castor aka Kiwilax said...

Banana: Yes indeed.
Good luck with your new blog.