31 July 2007

Here's one thing I absolutely can't stand!

It happened again this morning on the train. The guy, two seats ahead of me, switched on his iPod. And I could hear every screaming word of all the songs he was listening to.

Given that anyone (normal) who travels on the train to work at the unearthly hour of 6.30 am in winter, will be far too miserable to make conversation, the iPod sounds practically reverberates around the compartment.

And, it's all I can do to control myself from walking upto the offender and telling him: "Look mate, you may be deaf, we're not, so turn it down, will ya?"

6 comments:

rads said...

lol, yes, its extremely annoying! You should tell them off you know..

I seriously cannot understand how the sound doesnt bother them...

Castor aka Kiwilax said...

Rads:
I know, I am surprised tehy don't go deaf!!!!! I have a horror of creating a public scene and walking upto him and telling him off in the train would count as one, wouldn't it:-)
But am sure I'll get there eventually if I get this too many times in quick succession...

rads said...

hehe, just yank it and throw it out the window already! :D

Castor aka Kiwilax said...

Rads:
And I am sure no one will notice that;-) even the 'culprit'..hehe..i can dream, can't I?

Blogeswari said...

Kiwilax, inda Mumbai local train-la at 8.46 am Churchgate local you will find one group of college kids in the ladies compartment crying (they call it singing) loudly .. indi saangs like "naana karteee.. naanaa karteee...pyaar" "kabhi kushi kabhi gam" in loud abaswaram.. Nothing can be more annoying listening to that oppari in a crowded train

Castor aka Kiwilax said...

Bloges: Oh yes, haven't we all been there and done that!! Only I think, our perceptions change - and nowadays, I am more finicky - so even an iPod is 'noisy'....yes, I can well remember such incidents in the buses in Chennai (having never had to take the train to study or work, that is the closest for me;-)