2 July 2007

'Sivaji - the Boss' in Windy Wellington NZ...almost here


They also serve - those who stand and wait, at the world's end. No no, not the pirates. I meant us film-mad southie Indians (I don’t think too many north Indians would be rushing to see Rajini – they can anyways see Hindi movies in the regular theatres) here in NZ, specifically in Wellington, waiting patiently to watch the latest offering from Kollywood.

Down here in the Antipodes, the drip effect takes a long long while to reach Wlg.

After doing the rounds in Oz, Aucklanders became the first Kiwis to cheer at the first sight of da Boss or to wolf whistle whenever Shriya came on screen. Reactions have been mixed.

Now that they are done with the movie, we were waiting here with bated breath for Thalaivaaaaaaaaah to land here.

Finally, Sivaji - is here. The Boss is here. Finally here in Wellington. At long last. Rajini - king of Style...(and to think I didn't give a hang for da Boss and was never a big fan when I was in India - of course, no one's gonna believe me if I say that now)

We are having 2 shows of ‘Sivaji – the Boss’ on Sunday (July 8). And come what may – hail or wind or temperatures of zero degrees C (which is a possibility, given that it’s winter here), you can bet our frozen toes (or any other parts of our nearly-thawed anatomies) that we will be there at the theatre on Sunday.

Unlike some idiots in Chennai who paid up to Rs 1500 for tickets, we are paying only $18 per person here. But we are still idiots, as a normal English blockbuster ticket doesn’t cost more that $15 anyways….and you wouldn’t catch me going for ‘Ocean’s 13’ (in spite of all that eye candy in it) on any other day except a hot Tuesday when I need to pay only $9 for my ticket….talk about priorities.

I am only scared that after all this hype, ‘Sivaji’ may be a big letdown. That’s been happening so often in the recent past….good reviews etc, but the actual product turns out to be pretty lacklustre. But wait…all will be revealed in 6 days’ time… Rajini+Shankar+ARR should be equivalent to at least paisa vasool if not equal to it…

4 comments:

Shammi said...

So. Was it paisa vasool? :)

Castor aka Kiwilax said...

Patience Shyam. All shall be revealed in my next post...;-)

The Inquisitive Akka said...

Did you get my mail?

Castor aka Kiwilax said...

akka: yes I did, saw it only yesterday. will write to you soon.thanks.